04 March 2009

coming clean :: day eighty-seven

Workouts: lunch @ gym (2.25 miles jog + stretch) + evening @ gym (2.25 miles jog + stretch + 1000m erg + 0.25 miles walk)

Since I haven't been jumping off at 0.5 miles to stretch, I've cut my warm-up from 0.5 to 0.25 miles. After that, I gradually pick up the pace based on how I'm feeling that day.

Any rowers out there? As infrequent as it may be, I'd love to follow some sort of rowing workout!


Coming Clean:

face: Vegan
'Complexion Zen' by Bunny Butt Apothecary

body: Sparkling Berry by
Alchemic Muse

I love Alchemic Muse's modernly simplistic packaging for their beautiful soaps, as well as their enticing item descriptions:

"Submerge yourself in berry bliss! An enticing mix of succulent berries and creamy and rich vanilla combined with sparkling ruby red grapefruit. Rich in vitamin C, strawberries contain skin soothing properties and is a wonderful toner to reduce the appearance of large pores. Yogurt soothes, softens and rejuvenates the skin while providing this soap with a luxurious, creamy lather. We added a touch of red clay for color."

Later this month, Alchemic Muse is introducing a bunch of new soaps -- Banana Orchid, Mango Grove, Honey Balsam, Kama Sutra, Primeval, Berry Cream!


Naughty Points: 1
Baby Cakes "Orange You Sweet" truffle
+ 3
Whimsy & Spice cardamon marshmallows

I had an amazing workout the last time I had one of these
truffles. I seem to have unintentionally forgotten to record it on Coming Clean - Day 64... :: oops ::

I tucked the marshmallows away for an especially cold day so I could enjoy them with some homemade Nepali chia*. Today was the day! I went easy on the cardamon and let the marshmallows do their thang. :: dreamy ::

* No, that isn't a typo. It's chia, not chai. Seriously, though, if you're gonna splurge and treat yourself to some homemade marshmallows, treat yourself to some homemade chai. It's worth the effort!

0 Comments: