15 March 2009

coming clean :: day ninety-eight

Workouts: morning @ outdoor road races (8k) + 2.1 miles jog and evening @ pool (3,225 SCM)

Hal Higdon
requested that I run 7 miles today. I had 2 miles left to do after the fun run. But I started going delirious -- legs were moving but head was in lala-land -- so walked very slowly up one of the hills. I was able to finish the rest of the 2 miles and eased on a 0.5 mile walk home.


Coming Clean:

face: Carrot Facial by
Body Language Soaps

body: Vegan Fresh Mango Sea Salt by Magic Hands Workshop

Magic Hands Workshop is right; "Salt bars are a wonderful change from ordinary soap". The light scent teeters a bit on the girly-girl side -- more floral with hints of mango -- but it smells wonderful. This soap was the perfect moisturizing reward for my tired body! I ended up using it again after my dip in the pool because I loved the way it made my skin feel.


Naughty Points: 7
Betty Mae Bakery spiral cookies

Having
sampled all three flavors -- strawberry, raspberry and Oregon marionberry -- a few times through, I'll have to say that the marionberry cookies are my fav. You will definitely be seeing these 'naughty points' again!

In addition to the spiral cookies, Betty Mae Bakery offers
maple cinnamon cookies with almonds and ice cream sandwich cookies. Take advantage of the deeply-discounted sale that ends on the 21st!

0 Comments: