22 March 2009

coming clean :: day one hundred five

Workouts: afternoon @ outdoor jog (5.73 miles) + evening @ pool (3,450 SCM)

Perfect weather for my first jog in a week! I felt great (probably because my body was in 'induced taper' mode) and my shins weren't bothering me, but I held back on pace and distance. I think I'm ready to start running again!

I had about an hour of down-time between my run and swim practice and *barely* made it through the workout. :: phew ::


Coming Clean:

face: Carrot Facial by
Body Language Soaps

hair: Vegan Original Citrus Blast Salty Dawg Creme Shampoo & Intense Hair Conditioner by
Gudonya Soap and Spa

body: Vegan '
The Garden' by Kelle's Kitchen

From the moment I got my soaps in the mail, I knew we were off to a good start. There were cute little shamrocks drawn on the fragrant parcel, and my order came was a lovely, hand-written note. The soap itself -- in its beautiful packaging -- smells wonderful. It is definitely a blend of sweet and fruity!

What drew me to Kelle's Kitchen is the obvious love she has for her soap-making business. Each soap in her shop comes with a little story:

"The Story of The Garden: When brainstorming soap ideas I wanted to create something for my dad, and the first thing that came to mind was his awesome vegetable garden in our backyard. He grew a little bit of everything from corn and rhubarb to tomatoes and pumpkins. Enough to keep our family full of vegetables through the summer and fall! This bar is made in honor of that wonderful garden, which is still producing wonderful vegetables to this day :)"


Naughty Points: 1
The Dairy Godmother lemon marshmallow

It was the size of a bar of soap, but hey, it was *just* one! :: snicker ::

0 Comments: