31 December 2008

coming clean :: day twenty-four

Happy New Year! I'll return this post back to its chronological home when I travel back to my geographical home next week.


Workout: evening @ outdoor road races (1 miler + 4 miler = 5 miles)

This was just an evening of
C-R-A-Z-Y
! Who does something exercise-related on NYE... IN SUB-ZERO TEMPS?!!

In case Fahrenheit isn't your thang, here's the Celsius conversion:

28 degrees Fahrenheit = -2.22222222 degrees Celsius

It wasn't just running 5 miles, either. You have to include the 'standing around and waiting for the race(s) to start' time + 'standing around and waiting for your finisher's sweatshirt' time + 'standing around and eating your complimentary scoop of gelato' time!

I still suck at running, but was quite pleased with my results. "No pain, no gain" pretty much sums things up. Remember how I whined about the five mile jog I did on C'mas Day? Well, they re-routed the 4 miler course into four laps of less-frightning ups-and-downs. It was a new sensation to feel strong throughout and pick up speed as the race went along. Negative-splitting probably isn't the best way to go, and it really wasn't my intention, but it was kinda cool feeling my legs crankin' it out without having to tell them "You can do it! One more lap!".

A special thank you to all of the volunteers, especially the ones who braved the cold to keep things under control and cheer us on!

BTW, elite runners, what are you trying to prove by racing in summer attire in the dead of winter? I was bundled up and still thought I could've used another layer!


Coming Clean:

face
: Vegan 'Complexion Zen' Soap by Bunny Butt Apothecary

hair: Vegan Wild Strawberry Fields Salty Dawg Creme Shampoo & Intense Hair Conditioner by GudonyaToo

body: Mayan Gold with Polka Dots by BeautifulSoaps

My order from BeautifulSoaps had just arrived, and I was able to tear through the box before heading out for my evening of 'fun'. I chose this particular soap because no matter the outcome, I deserved a
gold medal for my valiant efforts.

Mayan Gold isn't just a pretty bar of soap. The polka dots are scented with jasmine essential oil, patchouli essential oil and vanilla musk fragrance oil. All of those scents + Mayan Gold essential oil blend into a sensual motley of "ooooohs".


Naughty Points
: 1 scoop of Piccomolo gelato

One of the race packets included complimentary treats from various local merchants. I skipped the more logical choices of hot chocolate / antipasti /
glühwein / wings, and went straight for the gelato. Scroll back up to see the empty container from my last 'naughty point' of 2008!

0 Comments: