05 April 2009

coming clean :: day one hundred nineteen

Workouts: morning @ outdoor road race (10 miles) + afternoon @ pool (3,000 SCY)

Beautiful day! Cherry blossoms galore, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about this race. The course was totally over-crowded! I started in the wrong corral and spent the entire time weaving in and out of people. Hains Point (sans 'The Awakening' :: sniff ::) was a 3 mile-long canopy of cherry blossoms. Wow! Just wish it wasn't such a long and boring park to run around. Lots of tourists / spectators near the finish line. I heard my name! Was that you, Michael?

After the race and post-race brunch, I was feeling good enough to go to my weekly group workout but decided to back off... just in case. Swam 6 x 500s without intervals. I felt like such a rebel!


Coming Clean:

face: Carrot Facial by
Body Language Soaps

hair: Wild Strawberry Fields Salty Dawg Creme Shampoo & Intense Hair Conditioner by
Gudonya Soap and Spa

body: Vegan Jasmine Green Tea by
Simple Traditions

These soaps and hair products were first reviewed on Coming Clean -
Day 57, Day 15 and Day 62, respectively.


Naughty Points: 2

pre-race: 0.5 Baked & Wired strawberry cupcake

post-race: 0.5 Baked & Wired strawberry cupcake + 1 cherry blossom cupcake

Please note that the pre-race naughtiness was purely unintentional. I was so tired from a loooong evening of carbo-loading that I forgot to buy bananas. And then I accidentally left the house without my Clif Bar. Thank goodness I had left my cupcakes in the car! No, seriously, I would've been a mess if I had run ten miles without any food in my stomach! :: excuses, excuses, excuses ::

I'm including a pic of the banana pudding we ordered for dessert. I was so full from brunch, though, that I didn't partake. I know, I couldn't believe it, either.

0 Comments: