16 May 2009

coming clean :: day one hundred sixty

Workout: morning @ pilates + afternoon @ trail run (2.88 miles)

My fav Pilates exercise of the day was the
advanced corkscrew!

I was supposed to have gone jogging BEFORE Pilates, but it was raining (and, okay, I couldn't get out of bed). I had run parts of the trail during a fun run, but didn't know it extended as far as it did. Turned around at 15:00, but will run the entire way next time. Short river crossing = wet shoes. Saw my first two wild chipmunks!


Coming Clean:

face: Carrot Facial by
Body Language Soaps

hair: Seanik Solid Shampoo by
Lush and Vegan Original Citrus Blast Intense Hair Conditioner by Gudonya Soap and Spa

body: Vegan Citrus Glaze Sugar Scrub by
Body Language Soaps

This was included with my latest order. I'll admit, I almost didn't give it a chance. Body scrubs leave my skin feeling wonderful, but it can also leave a film of oily residue in my tub. I've used some that have left my tub so slippery that I had to sit on the edge and swing my legs over to get out because I was so afraid of falling over and hitting my head! It turns out that this was the perfect day to try it out. My tub was due for a cleaning anyway, and if it did leave any residue, I could just scrub it away.

Well, all I have to say is... BL Soaps has done it again! The sugar scrub was exactly the way it was described in their listing: "I combined two of my favorite scents in this fabulous blend, Sweet Orange and Wild Honey! The result, a decadently rich blend that is sweet and tantalizing! ... After one use, you'll be addicted to how soft your skin feels, and sugar scrubs will become a regular necessity in your beauty routine. We've made our sugar scrubs with special emulsifiers to cut down on the oiliness not only on your skin, but also in your tub. Leaves a lotion like feel when rinsed with water."

It left my skin feeling wonderful and eau de chlorine-less. I didn't even have to moisturize afterwards! And, yes, I did clean my tub afterwards. But only because I had to. I'll definitely be back for more!


Naughty Points:

1 large sweet tea (because I was thirsty after after my trail run)
1 "
just pick three!" Vietnamese dessert
3
The Fetching Hound 'blue balls' bitty bites

Needless to say, I was completely satiated by day's end :: wink ::

0 Comments: