02 September 2008

"And the 2nd SPA goes to..."

This was a toughie. Ultimately, because of the Halloweeny + Autumny feel of the necklace, I choose two Smarty Pants Award ("SPA") winners -- thepaperbluebird and wendiwinn. CONGRATS! on winning this very prestigious award!

thepaperbluebird said:

I looked at your necklace and all I could think was
"Jungle Fire, Jungle Fire, JUNGLE FIRE!!!"
I swear I could hear drums beating in my head
(or maybe I just need a psychiatrist?)


and one of wendiwinn's entries just made me laugh:

i totally want that oriental banana smarty pants award.
what about candy corn?


prettyfun came up with lots of good names, including one that I'm already using for another necklace!

I will list the necklace on Etsy as Candy Corn until Halloween. If it hasn't sold by then {sniff}, I'll rename it Jungle Fire, Jungle Fire, JUNGLE FIRE!!!. Thanks for playing! Let's do this again soon!

5 Comments:

w said...

i am so honored. truly.

i'd like to take this moment to thank my husband - who - without him - i wouldn't be married.

and my children. my sweet sweet children who will be lovin' on actual candy corn in just another month.

and of course, i'd like to thank the oriental banana academy. i know that it's just an honor to be nominated. but to win? it's incredible. i remember when {cue music while wendiwinn is pushed off stage}...

Learning Spanish at 41 said...

Ooo...orange is so autumn, so fall, so juicy--these are great!

Stela said...

oh how funny!!
those are some awesome names!
I hope I stumble upon your blog when you have the next SPA!!!

Conscientia's Cameos said...

gorgeous necklace!

Anonymous said...

It's moments like these that make my tiny psychotic episodes worth it. I couldn't have done it without my children who drove me to the brink of insanity. I'd like to thank Oriental Banana for coming up with such an inspiring piece, and of course my mom... hi mom!!!

Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU!